Said to be the largest of its kind in the world, Wawa's most recognizable symbol is the giant goose at the junction of Highway 17 and 101. Wawa takes its name from the Ojibway word meaning "wild goose." For more information visit this page.
Wawa holds a wealth of activities including,
- The Wawa Goose
- Tourist Information Centre
- Wawa's New Community Centre
- Rotary Blast Hole Drill, a tribute to our mining heritage
- Mr. Vallee Park
- Wawa's Treeless Area
- Canoeing & Kayaking
- Orphan Lake Trail, and others.
- Michipicoten Golf Course
- Camping & Provincial Parks
- Wawa Gold Quest Sled Dog Race
- Wawa Lake Trout Ice Fishing Derby
- Snowmobiling & Cross Country Skiing
- Downhill Skiing & Snow Boarding
For more information please visit the Wawa tourism website.